Date(s) - Mon, Aug 21, 2017 - Fri, Aug 25, 2017
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Toronto Centre for the Arts
SKIP DIRECTLY TO REGISTRATION * PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS: EMAIL US OR CALL 647-292-0210
Dates: August 21-25, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Age Range: 7-13
SKIP DIRECTLY TO REGISTRATION …OR CALL 647-292-0210
Amazing, fun theatre summer day enrichment camps taught by working theatrical professionals in a co-operative and nurturing environment. Encouraging and fostering artistic expression (so critical to success in our changing world) in a unique and enjoyable approach, SwordPlay also teaches highly beneficial life skills.
- “Amazing fun for children!”
- “Surprisingly comprehensive. Very impressed.”
- “I can’t believe my 8 year old soccer player son can and *wants to* quote Shakespeare!”
Skills promoted in SwordPlay!
- lateral thinking and problem solving
- group co-operation
- empathy and understanding of others
- how to be absolutely present and engaged
- vocal technique and physical presentation
- classic theatre – ever heard an 8 year old quote Shakespeare?
- stagecraft and terminology
- text analysis and character analysis
- moral and ethical analysis
- basics of fight choreography
- vocabulary and word usage.
Designed with active kids in mind, SwordPlay puts a soft sword in the hands of children as they learn, prepare, practice, and perform a classic piece of theatre (that happens to have a sword fight in it).
This is fun!