Date(s) - Mon, Aug 21, 2017 - Fri, Aug 25, 2017
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Toronto Centre for the Arts
SKIP DIRECTLY TO REGISTRATION * PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS: EMAIL US OR CALL 647-292-0210
Dates: August 21-25, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Age Range: 7-13
SKIP DIRECTLY TO REGISTRATION …OR CALL 647-292-0210
Amazing, fun theatre summer day enrichment camps taught by working theatrical professionals in a co-operative and nurturing environment. Encouraging and fostering artistic expression (so critical to success in our changing world) in a unique and enjoyable approach, SwordPlay also teaches highly beneficial life skills.
- “Amazing fun for children!”
- “Surprisingly comprehensive. Very impressed.”
- “I can’t believe my 8 year old soccer player son can and *wants to* quote Shakespeare!”
Skills promoted in SwordPlay!
- lateral thinking and problem solving
- group co-operation
- empathy and understanding of others
- how to be absolutely present and engaged
- vocal technique and physical presentation
- classic theatre – ever heard an 8 year old quote Shakespeare?
- stagecraft and terminology
- text analysis and character analysis
- moral and ethical analysis
- basics of fight choreography
- vocabulary and word usage.
Designed with active kids in mind, SwordPlay puts a soft sword in the hands of children as they learn, prepare, practice, and perform a classic piece of theatre (that happens to have a sword fight in it).
This is fun!
Order Tickets / Reserve Your Spot
The Jaybird ticket booking feature is closed because we are too close to the event but don't worry! Get your tickets at Ticketmaster.ca or at the Toronto Centre for the Arts Box Office, 5040 Yonge Stret